Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
WWW.SWARM.ORG is back!
We have just restored the Swarm Development Group wiki (October 2015), following a major server crash several years ago. We will be gradually cleaning up the site. Its emphasis will be on supporting Swarm software and SDG's annual SwarmFest.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Localise MediaWiki for your language
Announcement for Swarmfest 2012
Email Inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Test will take place in Downtown Charlotte, N.C. July 29-31, 2012, hosted by the Complex Systems Institute at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte (http://complexity.uncc.edu/). The conference venue is the UNCC Center City Building http://centercity.uncc.edu/. Local Map http://centercity.uncc.edu/map-and-directions and Parking http://centercity.uncc.edu/parking
Registration can be accomplished at http://www.cvent.com/d/tcqqgn
Swamfest is the annual meeting of the Swarm Development Group (SDG), and one of the oldest communities involved in the development and propagation of agent-based modeling. Swarmfest has traditionally involved a mix of both tool-users and tool-developers, drawn from many domains of expertise. These have included, in the past, computer scientists, software engineers, biomedical researchers, ecologists, economists, political scientists, social scientists, resource management specialists and evolutionary biologists. Swarmfest represents a low-key environment for researchers to explore new ideas and approaches, and benefit from a multi-disciplinary environment.
This year we will continue to examine the range of systems being modeled with ABM, with the possibility of providing some guidance as to the suitability of the various types of agent-based models for particular types of modeling goals. We also encourage the sharing of our experiences with attempting to gain acceptance of ABM within our own research communities, and discuss strategies where cross-domain examples/analogies can aid in that process. We will also try to identify future avenues for ABM research, including the "next" generation of ABM tools, platforms and application.
Watch this page for upcoming news on program and logistics.
Hope to see you in Charlotte! Template:Posted
New version of Objective-C Swarm for Windows
There is a new binary (and source) release of Swarm that works with MinGW, a compiler that produces Windows executables. Advantages of this new way to use Swarm in Windows:
- Windows executables can be launched directly from Windows, without needing to launch from inside a Unix-like environment.
- Swarm models can be distributed for use on any Windows computer, without requiring Swarm or MinGW to be installed.
- Faster execution than Cygwin Swarm.
See the yellow "Swarm Software" box on this page. Template:Posted
Be a Swarm Development Group Member!
Membership in SDG is a way to support our efforts to maintain and improve Swarm, and to support agent-based modeling. We just updated our membership page with new membership categories and procedures. Take a look to see what you can do. Template:Posted
| width="45%" style="border: 1px solid grey; color: #000; padding: .4em .9em .9em; background-color: #ffebcd" |
Agent- and Individual-based Modeling Resources
- Resources for agent-based modeling. This area of the wiki is for information on agent-based modeling in general. There are sub-areas for:
- Agent-based modeling community resources, including SwarmFest, our annual modeling conference
- Software (information on alternative platforms; learning materials; template models; integrated development environments)
- "How and why to do agent-based modeling": techniques and theory
- Resources specific to different scientific domains
- email@example.com: The email community of agent-based modelers. This email list discusses topics of general interest to agent-based modelers. More information and signup here.
|- | style="border: 1px solid grey; color: #000; padding: .4em .9em .9em; background-color: #FFFFCC" |
Swarm Software for Agent-based Modeling
- The main Swarm page for Swarm software, documentation, and applications
- New release of Objective-C for Windows produces Windows-native executables! See Using Swarm on Windows with MinGW
- Thanks to Paul Johnson, a new package of applications for Swarm-2.2, particularly for Objective C
|- | style="border: 1px solid grey; color: #000; padding: .4em .9em .9em; background-color: #DAFDDA" |
Swarm Development Group
- Swarm Development Group (SDG)
|- | colspan=2 style="border: 1px solid #c6c9ff; color: #000; padding: .4em .9em .9em; background-color: #d3d3d3" |
- Who can contribute to this wiki? How do you use it? How can you register to edit or add pages? See the FAQ about this wiki
- Objectives and organization of this wiki: what can you find on this wiki, and what is appropriate to add to it, where?
- For general wiki help, see: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help
- For help editing the wiki, start with: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing
- To experiment with editing the wiki without worrying about messing up articles, try the Wiki sandbox
- SwarmWiki:Help Help page for wiki administrators.